The Macallan is one of the world’s finest single malts and holds the record for the most expensive whisky ever sold at auction.
In 2013, The Edrington Group engaged us to raise the profile of the brand in 3 key African markets – South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria, focusing on a digital-only approach in order to maximise budgets.
- Introduce The Macallan to a new audience of sophisticated whisky drinkers and encourage trial
- Improve brand recognition and recall to the level of key competitors Glenlivet and Glenfiddich
- Establish The Macallan as The Ultimate Luxury Spirit in these markets and develop its credentials as a luxury ‘brand’ rather than just a luxury whisky
- Creating video content with the local brand ambassador who took the viewer through tasting notes for each expression
- Attending and live posting from key events on the South African social calendar, including Cape Town Fashion Week and Durban July, which were sponsored by The Macallan
- Regular photoshoots and video content created from launch events and tasting dinners
- Weekly content and community management
- Competitions executed on Facebook offering people the chance to attend tasting dinners and other events
- Global content and campaigns were repurposed and given a local flavour to ensure they engaged our African consumers
- Support for local sales teams and brand ambassadors with their initiatives, ensuring as wide a reach as possible