The Famous Grouse
The Famous Grouse is a Scotland’s highest selling whisky brand in Scotland since 1980. In 2013, we were hired by the Edrington Group in Scotland to help them develop and execute a robust digital marketing plan for The Famous Grouse in Africa.
They were looking for an agency who understood the complexities and nuances of working in African markets and wanted to ensure that their global marketing initiatives were delivered in a way that engaged and resonated with local consumers.
- Establish the premium credentials of the brand – a blended whisky worth paying for
- Establish its relevance in these new markets
- Build a loyal social media following and convert these followers to purchasers
Budgets were limited as this initiative was seen as a ‘test the waters’ project and we had to overcome the key objection to purchase, which was price point.
- Recruiting local marketing assistants who could help us with insights and local information, ensuring that all campaigns were uniquely tailored for each market
- Establishing and rapidly growing a community of loyal and engaged followers on Facebook in each market
- Building relationships with sales and brand managers in each market, supporting them with offline activations and promotional activity to encourage trial
- Localising two big global campaigns ‘Famous for a Reason’ and ‘Well Deserved’ by creating unique visual and video content
Running ongoing campaigns to encourage user engagement and user generated content
- Identifying key influencers for each market and assisting with delivery of personalised bottles of The Famous Grouse to each one
- Weekly content and community management as well as seasonal campaigns and collaborations with local radio stations and other digital platforms